We are delighted to announce that applications are open from 14 to 30 September to join the 2021 cohort of Amujae Leaders. As our flagship program, the Amujae Initiative was created to inspire and equip African women to excel in the highest echelons of public leadership. Each year, the EJS Center identifies a group of 15 talented African women leaders – called Amujae Leaders – to join the initiative.
Through direct engagement with female former heads of state and experts across a range of fields, Amujae Leaders have the opportunity to boost their leadership skills through world-class coaching and training. The program also facilitates collaboration, providing the Amujae Leaders with an opportunity to strengthen and grow a multi-generational network of distinguished women leaders.
On International Women’s Day 2020, we unveiled the Amujae Initiative with an inaugural cohort of 15 dynamic women with impressive and diverse backgrounds in public leadership and beyond. In this first year, it has been inspiring to see the first cohort of Amujae Leaders accelerate their leadership journeys, drive COVID-19 responses in their countries, and mobilize action to increase women’s participation in public leadership. You can find out more about the Amujae Initiative experience by watching the video below.
As we look to 2021, it is now time to continue this work by forming our second cohort of Amujae Leaders. The Amujae Leader is a woman who:
- Is a citizen of and resides in any African country.
- Has proven leadership talent, having excelled in her chosen field and distinguished herself as someone who can deliver transformative impact.
- If not already involved in public service, has the vision and proven commitment to become an exceptional public leader.
- Has demonstrated a commitment towards the upliftment/ empowerment of other women.
- Is patriotic, demonstrating commitment and service to their home country/ countries.
The application process is open from 14 to 30 September 2020. If you are an African woman leader committed to public service and meet all the criteria listed above, we look forward to hearing from you.
Interested candidates may submit an application here.